Saturday, October 22, 2016

Promoted at work

So me and two other guys got new titles at work.  I'm now "Scrum Master".  Note that I'm never a person to go with titles.  Afterall I already own Skyjuice Software and can call myself anything I want.  But now as a "Scrum Master" I have to take charge in leading the team, getting them to follow the process of how to develop software properly.


New title, more responsibility.

But why did I volunteer to take lead of the process?  Well simply because it was a complete disaster before.  Saying it was a disaster was an understatement actually, the team was run by someone who was a complete incompetent fool who did not even know how software is properly developed.

Things have changed a lot in the past month.  The owner of the company had to come down, forcing the (former) team leader to step aside.  Now he's here at least 3 times a week and it's not good when the boss has to be in the office monitoring everyone.  Another thing is, our team has disparage skill sets as well.  Some of them I would never hire even if they were free, they are pretty awful.

I actually miss my old team in Norway and Australia.  At least we had competent people, now I work with partial fools.  Not good.  But it's always why I'm presently on the lookout for new opportunities, and I always am for good reason.  Next week I have an interview with another company so I'm going to see how that goes.  I'm hoping not to leave Sweden that soon since I'll be here for only 6 months in November, but if I get a better opportunity I will probably leave.  I've already learned that life's too short to be staying in a shitty job.  Also the company isn't making that much money so I think it's going to be a really challenging time ahead for them.

Saying that I do look forward to being a certified Scrum Master next month after I go for the course which the company is paying.  I was very used to getting meals and other perks in Norway whereas in my present position there are almost no perks whatsoever which let's face it, sucks.

But let's be a bit positive and see how it goes with my interview next week!


Yes yes, let's keep doing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment