Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Two weddings and no funeral

I have left Sweden and am currently in Singapore for two weddings, my cousin's and my brother's.  My cousin's was on the 4th of September and that was held at the W Sentosa, which is rather posh.  I have to say all of this poshness isn't for me.  That's the contemporary trend in Singapore, to have a posh wedding in a posh hotel with plenty of guests.  Maybe it's the non Asian in me speaking, but I would rather have mine at the top of a mountain with the bride and a photographer.

My brother's wedding was held at the Four Seasons hotel on the 11th of September.  The food was pretty similar to my cousin's, it was good but I wouldn't pay that much for it.  If you ask me frankly weddings today are just exorbitant especially the ones in Singapore.  I don't see the point in spending so much money for a wedding, wouldn't it be more prudent to save it for a nice honeymoon or future expenses?

In-between I've been eating plenty of good food and just chilling.  If it's anything that I miss in Singapore, it's definitely the food.  Not the warm weather but the food!

I'll be heading back to Sweden on the 25th of September.  It will be autumn soon.  Time really flies.  Just last year I was in Norway and now I'm living in Sweden.  Life is such a crazy dream.


MMmmm... mushrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment