Saturday, March 2, 2019

Here come the offers... πŸŽ‰

So I've tentatively accepted an offer from Dubai.


Moving to.. the desert..?

Why?

Cos it's huge.  Pretty huge.  It's well over a 100% increment from my current salary.  Saying that this salary is like a rocket under my current salary is an understatement.  I know I'll hate the weather.  50 C?  Come on... this isn't for humans.

But.

I still have interviews with a company in New Zealand and I am still waiting on offers from my current company's branch in the US.  The company in NZ still remembered me even though the last time I spoke to them was in December.

I would move to the US, as it's the only continent which I haven't lived.  NZ is somewhere I want to live long term.  Dubai is only short term.

So let's see what happens.

Well either way I guess I am leaving Sweden.  Can you blame me really?  Yesterday I found out you have unlimited tax liability as long as you have "a connection" to Sweden.  Yep, go to Dubai and make a tax free salary?  Expect to pay the same taxes here as a normal Swede.  Way to go Swedes, you guys make it so easy for the government to steal your money, and you don't even care. :)  Thank God I do not hold a Swedish passport, and never will.

So am I really moving to Dubai or somewhere else?  Well let's see, I hope to move to the US, but if I have to move to Dubai first I am okay with that as well.  As long as it's not for a long period of time.  Least I lose my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment