Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Back in Singapore πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬

So I'm back in Singapore after a long hiatus.

I've left the hell hole known as Dubai, say prayers for the unfortunate who are living there seriously.

I've had enough of shitty jobs with no real-life meaning (which is what people really want).  Sure money is great but can't take it with me to the grave.  The amount of people willing to sell their asses for money truly is amazing.  Dubai wasn't just shit, it was absolutely shit.  It did nothing for my career.  And I have former work colleagues there who have completely admitted it does nothing for their career, but they are happy to simply rot away whilst collecting money.  Is this honestly what the human species has become?


Yes, it's me.

For the past few months since leaving, I've been practicing trading for a living.  Might shock you, but I've been learning to trade for the past 10 years on my own.  This is definitely more fun than dying in a desert for money.

The years of studying different areas like human psychology, finance, and everything else, has finally paid off.  Since the beginning of the year, I took it more seriously because hey who can sit at their desk forever?  Right now, I'm pretty much profitable.  I am still learning as life is all about learning, but it's good progress right now.

After-all, does the fisherman really need to worry when he can fish?  The people who can't fish, those are the ones who have to worry.

So you're wondering yes but how much are you making?  To that, I can only ask how much are you willing to lose?  Yes, you can make huge wins (at the cost of losing everything if you're wrong, that is called gambling).  Is that what you want?

Most of trading is about two things, risk management and probability.  In other words, what is the probability that this trade will go wrong?  Most people cannot trade.  It takes a long time to learn to trade.  You need to understand yourself and your emotions.

Two months ago I had a negative week, but made it all back the following Monday.  The money that was lost was because I knew that was a gamble which I took.  I assumed a stock had bottomed out, when clearly it had not (sometimes, YOLO and you need to take some risk what can I say).  When I recognised my assumption was wrong, I just took the loss.  But it's not enough to get wiped out.  Thankfully.  One good trade can redeem a host of bad mistakes.

Saying that I'm still not sure if I want to do this full time.  It's boring as anything.  I don't place trades every day.  Sometimes I just trade once a week.  Trading is extremely boring to me.  Like I said you are pretty much fighting against yourself and what you believe.  I don't even spend that much time.  Only a few minutes.

The past two months I have only made 2 trades whilst I was away in the US.  No one said trading had to be that exciting.

It gives me my fish.  Which is important.  So I can just go fish whenever I need to without worrying.  Fish anywhere.

I think everyone should learn to trade.  It takes a long time to master yourself though.  Plus like I said, it's boring.  Real boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment