Wednesday, August 28, 2019

I came I saw I resigned part 1 🇦🇪

As I sit on the bed butt naked, I write one of the best sentences of my life.

I resigned from my position in Dubai on the 8th of August.

Yes I know what you're thinking... Why?  You've barely just started!


Are you mad?

Frankly, it wasn't worth the money, time, or sacrifice.

Work was a joke.  Of course the weather was also like being on Mount Doom.  Not that I did not expect that.  But work was completely, totally and utterly a joke.  Which I came here for.  The culture is a joke.  The people holding titles are a joke.  Most stay just for the money and call it "getting adjusted".  For me I'm like "fuck the money my life's more important".  Yes there is no income tax (which is absolutely great honestly, no one should have their income stolen through high taxes.) but there's no way in hell I'm staying just for money.

I'll elaborate more after I leave this country.  But I want to tell a short story.

There was a billionaire.  He was unhappy, but had a billion dollars in his bank account.

One day he got into an accident.  Unfortunately the doctors couldn't save him, and he died a few days after.

But he had a billion dollars in his bank account.

There was a regular ordinary working man.  He was happy, but did not have a billion dollars in his bank account.

One day he got involved in an accident.  Unfortunately for him also, the doctor couldn't save him and he also died a few days after.

He did not have a billion dollars in his bank account.

Both ended up in the same place.  Well maybe the richer guy had a nicer tombstone, but anyway...

You see what I'm saying?  No matter how much in your bank account you have you're gonna die.  How you lead your life is more important.  Time waits for no one.  Are you happy?  If not what's the point?  The people I work with are more screwed up in the head concerned with their bank accounts than seeing what's around them.  They started like me thinking WTF is happening and eventually "tolerated".  These guys have just lost it.  If I paid you a lot of money to sit with a pile of shit would you do it?  Not me.

I'm only staying because I need to give a month's notice otherwise I would have left immediately.

Part 2 is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment