Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Back to Sweden soon

So I'm going back to Sweden.  And it's confirmed.  I'm leaving on the 2nd of August.  I have a client that I'll be starting at for 6 months, and that client is Sinch.  Which is formerly CLX communications, which bought over Sinch, and then rebranded itself as Sinch.  It's a communications company.  Discovery Networks turned me down for some reason or another, 2 kids who are junior to me.  Which is their loss really.  Sinch had 4 people interview me.

To be honest I'm not that excited about the position.  I'll be taking over someone else's job, since they're going on paternity leave.  Nothing new that I can't handle.  Devops, infrastructure, AWS, application code, what can I not handle eh...  all these positions nowadays I am so overqualified for it's beyond ridiculous.  I've done so many interviews literally all around the world, probably more than all these people who have interviewed me.

But at least I'll have a job and start to get a salary again after all this time.

I'm still hoping to move to Canada at some point.  Fingers crossed.  Sweden's only a stopover, at least that's the plan.  The place I'm staying when I move is an apartment hotel in Solna, which is ridiculously small, like 20 sqm or something like that.  Rents in Stockholm are ridiculously priced, and I'm not going to fork over a huge chunk of my salary to live in a cage for no reason.

I'm hoping to be developing a new product during my time in Sweden.  And by that I mean outside of work.  Let's see what happens with that.  I think I'm going have plenty of time now.  That and I can follow the US markets in a normal time zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment