Monday, February 15, 2021

The end of Sinch and the start of H&M

Wow has it been 7 months since I lasted posted?  Damn it looks that way.

So I've ended my stint at Sinch.  It was a company that could be improved on massively.  They wanted me to stay and I said "HELL NOOOS".


When you see a pile of hot poop...

Why did I leave?

The RTC operations team that I was in has enough technical debt to stack the sky.  And apparently nothing ever improves.  Nothing has improved for the past years.  That's good if you're an old geezer sitting around collecting cheques which the manager is obviously happy to do but not me.  The guy who I was supposed to temporarily take over, he resigned shortly after leaving me a pile of hot shit to look after.  He was pretty garbage too.  They have a great sales team and the large tech companies are using them but that's about it.  Their tech stack is old as hell and their tech leads... are a damn joke.   I have never seen any great developers in Sweden.  I just don't have a high opinion of the developers here.  Maybe I'm biased but seriously, I have not.  So if you are thinking of joining Sinch?  Just say "HELL NO".

Of course I'm still wanting to get the dodge out of Sweden but because of Covid the infectious-but-definitely-not-deadly-by-any-means-virus now every bloody God damn job's remote.  Seriously?  I'm pissed as hell and not to mention demoralised.  I have 5 recruiters contact me on Linkedin in a single day but all the positions are remote.  It's like nothing I do now is gonna get me the hell out, other than to apply for skilled migration to Canada which I do will anyway now it seems as a last resort.  I've taken the IELTS which is a pre-requisite.  Hopefully at some point I'll still be able to move to North America.

Meanwhile I've started at...


Yes that's right...

Yep, I've moved to retail.  I'm in the AI foundation team.  And at least in this team I'll be able to make an impact.  They're using Azure though.  Not AWS.  But whatever, I'll be able to hopefully build something impactful.  Today was my first day but of course it was all remote.  We'll see how that goes.

Last note, fuck off government for scaring everyone and the lockdowns are fucked up and do not solve anything.  And if you actually believe this is like the black death, please go study statistics.  Honestly it will change your life and you'll be able to make more rational decisions.  The only good thing in Sweden is that it didn't lock down.  Thank God for small mercies.  But seriously if Sweden is the only sane place on Earth right now that's just totally fucked up honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment