Monday, July 25, 2016

Bank account, work BBQ, Zbox, Pokemon Go, Stockholms Stadhus

Sometime in the last two weeks I finally obtained my Swedish ID.  The clowns sent it to my hotel apartment even though I left, and somehow it got redirected to my home.  I cancelled my maestro account and opened up a proper bank account with SEB.  It only took me what, almost two months before I got everything finally sorted.  By the way if you're opening a new account I do not recommend SEB as its interface is entirely in Swedish.  You would be better off opening an account in Nordea for example.  But I needed to get paid and wanted to get paid asap and SEB were the only ones willing to do it.


I'm finally a "normal" person in Sweden!

By the way, this sort of nonsense is just unacceptable in Singapore.  Singapore is incredibly efficient, unlike the clowns here.  Don't take my word for it, live there and you will know what it's like.  Anyway...

On the 15th of July we had a BBQ and that was pretty nice.  The weather was really good, we had BBQ chicken as well as lamb.  It was great!


BBQ French Chickens.  Thanks Fred!

On the 18th of July my zbox finally arrived.  What is Zbox?  It's a monthly subscription box which I found out about, that contains geeky stuff and you pay about 20 pounds a month for it.  I thought I would give it a shot since I was rather intrigued.  My "legends" box for July comprised of a Zelda shirt, an Arrow book, a Zelda mug, a Flash figurine and a Super Mario kart racer, and a book describing the theme of the month.  I also got a welcome Zbox which had Chucky in it (not a fan), a Bobba Fett mug (which was great!), a Shining shirt, a rather silly American Psycho name card and two Deadpool comics which I thought was great.  Overall the contents were good.  But I ended the subscription anyway, I might resume it though we will see.  I also subscribed to Lootcrate for 6 months' worth of clothes, but I started that in June.  So far I've gotten a ghostbusters jersey and a futurama shirt.


Zbox July 2016.

On the 20th me and a work colleague caught a ferry and ended up at .. Abba the museum!  I was there last year in November and it looked a bit different.


ABBA The Museum entrance!

On the 21st of July we went for a walk around the city and ended up at Stockholm City Hall.  It was a nice lovely afternoon and there were a lot of people.


Stockholms Stadhus.

On the 22nd of July I ended up installing Pokemon Go and caught this fella as my first Pokemon.  Note that the Bobba Fett mug is from Zbox!


Charmander in my mug!




No comments:

Post a Comment