Sunday, May 20, 2018

🦄 Officially a unicorn 🦄

I'm now officially the highest paid consultant in the company's history, making me the largest individual contributor of profits for my company.


Achievement unlocked.

And along with that, I'll be supporting more slackers privileged unemployed in Sweden with even higher taxes.  I'm simply put, an official charity worker.  To which I say, you are very welcome residents of Sweden.

I had to write a short letter describing why I should be paid that much higher, and I did.  To be fair I didn't think it was the greatest letter on Earth, but it outlined what I have done in my career, my attitude (never stop learning) and my role in my team.

My manager told me to celebrate, but of course I didn't. :)  I went out with work for a pub crawl which I never drank, and went home to sleep there after.

On September 3rd I will be leaving my current team and moving to the AI (Artificial Intelligence) team.  But of course if I leave (the country!) before then then so be it. :)  Meanwhile the plan is to just learn as much as possible and work with the smartest guys in the company.


Skynet awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment