Monday, June 20, 2016

My apartment, a wedding and Ikea

On the 9th of June I finally moved to my small cosy apartment in Solna.  It's ridiculously small but liveable enough for one person.  I pretty much live next door to my landlord which is very convenient.  It's close to work as well which is good for me, only 10-15 minutes away by t-bana, i.e. the metro.   Unfortunately I only have this place until 31st December which means I may need to find another place before then.  But let's hope I will get to stay at least for another year!

The 11th of June was Fred's wedding, and I and a few others from work attended.  The wedding was small but formal.  I didn't have that formal clothes to wear so I was a bit underdressed!  But it was a nice ceremony with plenty of singing.  After the wedding me and Kosta who is another work colleague walked around in the city.

On the 12th of June I went Ikea furniture shopping, or rather my friend went and I tagged along.  I ended up buying a clothes basket, and of course also had Swedish meatballs.  And some cake later in the afternoon!  The Ikea in Stockholm is simply massive, and also listed as a tourist attraction.

On the 24th to the 27th I would be in Brussels, since it's the midsummer holidays I bought tickets to Brussels, Belgium!


View from my (one) window.



The living room/kitchen/bedroom. :)


My landlord's balcony, available for use when he's not around.


The church interior where Fred's wedding was held.


Ikea, a tourist attraction in Stockholm.


The beast that is Ikea, 4 (or 5?) levels of furniture madness.


Swedish meatballs at Ikea.


Stockholm.


Stockholm.



No comments:

Post a Comment